- a. They were very clever because
- i. The HIT industry was NOT failing (unlike the auto industry) and did not need a stimulus
- ii. Neither patients nor physicians wanted or demanded EHRs/HIT (even today, only 26% of the public wants EHRs).
- b. Non-profit organizations were funded “
- c. Blumenthal, Daschle, and the Obama Administration were ‘sold’ on the ‘research’.
- d. The ‘research’ gave Blumenthal, Daschle, and the Obama Administration a way to justify dismissing the problems OMB and other sceptics raised about the ‘research’
to press for electronic health records”
- iii. Mark Frisse and Joseph Antos are sceptics quoted about the ‘research’.
- e. Congress was ‘sold’ on the ‘research’ which claims that HIT will reduce costs, etc.
- f. The public’s expectations and rights of control over health information are eliminated by funding flawed HIT/EHRs and data exchanges.