Patient Privacy Rights’ mission is to ensure that Americans control all access to their health records. This mission includes:
- Supporting the health privacy rights of all Americans
- Facilitating patients’ control over their personal health information
- Helping protect patient health information
- Working to ensure confidentiality before, during, and after medical treatment
- Promoting trustworthy electronic health systems and data exchanges
PPR is a bipartisan, non-profit organization. We work to give patients control over their own sensitive health records, with the goal of empowering privacy and choices that protect jobs and opportunities.